Monday, April 2, 2018

CCHL and NHL 18 – Part 1

In the last few years, I ran a couple of games for Springfield vs. Fort Erie in EA Sports NHL.  It was mostly to show how much better a GM and person I am than Matt Young.  It did lead to the thought of using NHL to sim some CCHL games and see what the differences would be between different sim engines.  I started with the idea of doing the top 3 teams from each conference (well the top 2 and Springfield from Canosa anyway).  I then expanded it to try with every team.

Creating teams in NHL 18 is both fun and tedious at the same time, as you have to name the team (city and team name) and make the jersey’s, logos and mascots.  Then create the team roster….which is when it gets really annoying.

The ordering of players in the roster setup is by NHL 18’s overall rank and I don’t know what the team rosters are sorted by in CCHL but they clearly don’t match up.  Finding players is also annoying, I feel like I know many players and where they play but over the course of the year you may miss a trade or whatnot or have players stuck in your head as being on another team (A. Ladd for example, I completely forgot he was in NYI as I thought he was a Jet).

Anyway, this is day 2.  I have created 14/22 teams so far, and I am sure I have made mistakes but it should be pretty close.  The logos and the jerseys are likely less close than desired but here is hoping it all works out.

NHL Tidbit: Calgary currently ranks first with a 98 Overall. Dayton currently ranks last with an 84

Another Tidbit: I am working with the Team Rosters so not including players coming in as prospects, this also means that those teams that have not completed their signings may include players that will not be on their roster going forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment