Sunday, December 19, 2021

CCHL holiday schedule and OT change

 Hi everyone,  

I'll add this to the blog section as well to make finding it easier later on as well.  

One of the things I love about the Simon simulator is the numerous options but it's also one of the things I hate the most as well.  

I did some digging this week because I was reviewing players on the ice in OT as something seemed off for me.  Turns out, I was very correct.  

There is a setting that I have never checked off for us to have a tab for OT where we can set out players that we want on the ice in OT.  What has been happening is they have been taking the players we have set for the 3 man PK, and in most lineups those are the most defensive players.  We've been treating our fans to some very boring overtimes folks!  

I discussed quickly fixing this and adding the setting with the executive committee.  It was unanimous that everyone wanted to set their 9 forwards for OT and 5 defencemen that can go on the ice, in the order, they want them out there.  I'm not normally about a change in the middle of the season but this should have been in place and in the million options, I missed it.  It will reduce the number of shootouts as well since players will be on the ice in OT that actually want to score.  I apologize for that but it will be added after games on Monday night.  

You will need to send in a new lineup to account for this before games resume after our break, but please do not do so immediately.  By the time I upload if you send right away, the file will be too old so I need you to wait until the 27th when I do an update on the files.  

I'm posting a schedule of events below so we know and everyone will have two days to send it for the resumption of games.  

After games tomorrow night, we will have a one-week holiday break.  

December 21-28 - Christmas break for games.  

December 27th - files will be uploaded and updated.  All teams must send a lineup before games resume on December 29th.  

December 29th - games will resume at 7:00PM.  

Trade freeze:  No trades will be permitted after games tomorrow night until after games start back up on the 29th.  After the games are played, you may submit trades again.  

Please let me know if you have any questions.  

Thanks,
Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment