Sunday, March 29, 2020

Incoming Commissioner Commissioner's Corner


NEW guy Commissioner Corner

Welcome, everyone to the new guy Commissioner's corner, or shall we say, incoming Commissioners Commissioner’s Corner!

What’s going on around the league you ask?  Well, lots of it that’s for sure.

I’ve been working to migrate the CCHL files over to the new website and giving Bill back his site in relation to the CCHL.

I’ve got to teach Terry how to work through the prospect and draft pick files in the coming week or so as well.  We cannot open trading without it as trying to maintain that and all other league business would be simply overwhelming.

We have completed the three-team dispersal draft and I believe that we have some very even rosters as a result of the drafts.  I’m excited to see how Charlie, Brad, and Amos Maxine further refine their rosters as trading opens and free agency happens.

What else is going on you ask?  Well, Covid-19 continues to make things interesting and I am trying to determine the steps for the league in terms of a new disk.  It appears that there might be a new disk already produced by the team we got this year’s from – but I am awaiting confirmation on that.  It would be nice for that to be there already but it would also delay trading opening up as I’m sure everyone would rather have the new ratings to evaluate trades with.

I know you are reading this likely saying “how are there new ratings Matt?  The NHL season isn’t done yet….”

You’re absolutely right it’s not done yet – or is it?  We don’t know but what we do know from those I’ve talked to in the community is that the disk is basically complete at this point annually anyways with minor adjustments that take place over the last ten games.  With 70-71 games in the books for most teams, it’s plenty of sample size to work off of and if they weren’t rating throughout the year we would not get disks in April anyways.

I’m comfortable with the body of work they have put together in the past for us and I’m excited to import the ratings.

If the disk isn’t ready, I’ll work through converting the three dispersal teams with their new rosters (prospects and picks are already done) and then open trading.

I’ve noticed quite a few trade blocks going out already.  I ask that everyone remain diligent in checking their emails this time of year or notifying the league if you are going to be away so our franchises are not waiting for a reply that isn’t coming.

That’s all I have for you currently.  I hope everyone is safe during this tumultuous time in the world.  Stay in, stay safe and respond to trade offers timely!

-Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment