Sunday, March 29, 2020

Passwords coming to the Simon T client

One thing you’ll notice in the coming weeks is that I will be contacting everyone with a password for next season’s Simon T client.

You will need this password to open your team’s information in order to submit lines.

If you are sitting at home in self-isolations wondering if I’ve lost my mind, rest assured I haven’t yet.  Alright well don’t ask my wife that question as it may yield a different result, but at least I don’t feel that way yet.

The reason for the password this upcoming season is that we will not longer have a need to email in your lineups like you have the past few years.

Simply put you download the file as normal.  You would then adjust your lines and save the file to your hard drive.  At that point in time, it will ask you to FTP the file to the server and you answer that with a ‘yes’.  The file then uploads to the website for you.

What happens from there?  When I sign into the Simon T simulator I can then simply download all the lineups from the server that have been uploaded.  I do not have to manually complete the task as Bill has had to do for the past almost 20 years with APBA and Simon T.

The reason why we are passwording for each team is that with the upload to the server, I cannot tell who has uploaded what profile to the server.  While I believe we have an upstanding group of General Managers, in order to protect the integrity of the lineups submitted, we need to password protect each team.

I’m excited for this change because I believe it’ll make everyone’s life easier when submitting lineups and certainly mine easier for getting them updated in the simulator.

If you have any questions about it, please let me know.  Please note this is not in effect yet but will be once you receive an email from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment