Monday, October 12, 2020

Amos first blog

 Amos, QC

07-10-2020

 

At a couple hours of the official start of the CCHL 2020-2021 season, we are quite excited.

After a long summer of trade talk and players movements, we are finally at one day of our season debute against the Victoria Ronin.

 

It all starts in March when I receive an e-mail from Mr. Young regarding to see if I had interest in filling a GM spot for a Team in the CCHL. I hesitated a bit because it was way different from usual league I used to see. I finally accepted the challenge and decided to move the team in our brand new arena here in Amos, which I never regretted.

The Dispersal draft was really exciting to participate in. Couple of nice players, prospects and picks later, I managed to build a not that bad team with a lot of players to trade. Not knowing all the salaries aspect and rules made me do a couple beginner mistakes. I worked hard and build a team that was about to do right in the upcoming season. But it was that, didn’t really liked the players I had and decided to turn everything around and restart with young players I really like this time.

 

So, players Suzuki, Schmaltz, Kunin to only name few of them were acquired from big names we had. I’m really happy with the result. I think that The Amos Comets became a really young balanced team that can do great things.

I Still have a lot to learn about some rules but learnt to know a couple of really great people that helped me a lot through the process that I would like to thank. Some particular thanks to Silvio & Trevor for the big help this summer. A special thank to Matt for making me a CCHL GM, for the great hockey talks and sharing his knowledge with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment