Sunday, March 14, 2021

CCHL Draft Lottery this week

 Well, it's hard to believe we are staring the end of another season in the face but that's where we find ourselves this week.  Crazy, isn't it?  

It's been a busy week at the CCHL offices with the expansion draft vote being underway and later this week the annual draft lottery.  

I'm not going to lie to you, I'm a bit let down by the draft lottery this season.  No, it's not because Fort Erie isn't in the running for a top pick but rather because I had a plan to change our visual presentation that won't happen because our season ends one day later than needed.  

As many of you know, I do a sports television show on a local cable channel in Canada.  This station also does a bingo show on Sunday nights and I was planning on using it to our advantage. 

My show runs live Wednesday nights but our season ends on Thursday which makes the dream for this year completely impossible.  

I had planned to try to use the studio and the bingo machine to do our random CCHL draft lottery - how great would that have been for a visual?  All of the balls flying around in the machine and coming out to determine the fates of our lottery teams?  

Alas, not everything is meant to be but it still made me think - how can we do it differently than just having the numbers come up on the random.org website?

That's when the idea hit me!  Now I'm not going to give it away right now but it'll be a much better visual experience for our lottery and potential divisional draws should expansion pass for the 22-23 season.  

In any event, look for the annual Draft Lottery video to go up Friday or Saturday of next week!  Oh and don't forget to vote as we still have seven teams to not cast their votes on expansion and more!  

No comments:

Post a Comment