Sunday, March 21, 2021

CCHL Expansion Vote - The Results

 Hello everyone,  

It's time to post the results of the expansion draft along with my thoughts for each category.  

Do you support the CCHL expanding by two franchises following the 2021-22 season? 

Yes, our franchise loves it and agrees relative growth to that of the NHL is good for our league.  
90.91%
20
No, my franchise is opposed to it.
9.09%
2

Thoughts:  It's nice to see that 91% of the league supports expansion so I think that it's definitely the right move to go to following the 21-22 season.  I look forward to welcoming more teams into the fold and beefing up everyone's bank account.  


The CCHL is exploring a rule change to reward franchises who help recruit new General Managers for teams a cool $5 million in their bank account for the work involved (Fort Erie ineligible as commissioner).  Do you agree that this would be beneficial and helpful to filling our franchises?

Yes, I support this move and it would motivate me to help.
54.55%
12
Yes, I support the move but it won't change our recruiting process
27.27%
6
No, leave it on the Commissioner and the team that does everything else for the league.  
18.18%
4

Thoughts:  It looks like we're moving to add the $5 million dollar recruiting fee which is nice to see as it will hopefully result in more people getting involved.  

With respect to the four people that said leave it on the commissioner and executive crew, the intent was to get more people involved than those who do the heavy lifting on a day-by-day, week-by-week basis.  It is already a lot of work to run the league, having hours of additional conversation with prospective GMs adds significant strain on the system as well.  

While the $5 million may not actually change anything, it's nice to see that we have some incentive for others to help out rather than leave it on the same group that works tirelessly for the league already.  

It has been proposed at the Executive level that the CCHL should cap teams' bank accounts at $150,000,000 ($150 million) to encourage competitive play.  This cap would come into effect following the 2021-22 season.  Please indicate how you feel about this proposal.

Yes please cap it at $150,000,000.  Teams should be spending it - you don't win a cup for the biggest bank account.
36.36%
8
Yes, that's a good number that causes teams to be financially responsible and remain competitive as well.  
45.45%
10
Don't cap it at all - who cares about competitive balance.  
13.64%
3
The CCHL has bank accounts for its teams?  
4.55%
1

Thoughts:  It looks like we're going to cap the amount of money any one team can have at any time to $150,000,000 which is a good choice in my opinion.  I think the objective here is to have teams earn the money and re-invest in their organization because quite frankly, the money-cup winner doesn't receive any praise at all during the year.  

I went back-and-forth on this one as I don't like the idea of capping it but also recognize that perhaps we need to have people not save to a silly level and create a massive spending imbalance later on in life.  That's ultimately why I decided it was a good idea.  

For the individual that didn't know about bank accounts, please check out the rules or ask me any questions you may have.  This is an important thing to understand for the CCHL and I'll happily help if this was a serious response.  

For lineup submission next year, I would like to have the following option:

Email and Dropbox available 
68.18%
15
Email only
27.27%
6
Dropbox only
4.55%
1
Another file sharing service accessible to all (please let us know what that is)
0.00%
0
Bah I'm not sending lineups anyways.  I like illegal lineups and my franchises enjoys forfeiting the bonus money! 
0.00%
0

Thoughts:  The number of email or dropbox only combining for seven votes kind of surprised me.  If we have both you aren't forced to use either one and can actually use both so I was surprised that we didn't have more both answers here.  

There's also an option that is available within Simon to have a way to do lines online via the dynamic website feature.  I didn't include that in the vote because I did not discover this until after the fact and quite frankly, I don't know nearly enough about sequel time databases to even promise that we can remotely implement such a thing.  

Would a web submission interest you?  Imagine being able to do it from your phone or computer without opening the client?  Does this seem good?

Aaron in SPR and I are looking to do some zoom meeting this summer to try to get it implemented for the next season.  I offer zero promises we get it done but I think I put it at about 50-60% chance of happening.  If you know anything about this, we'd be happy to have an extra set of hands to help out as well.

Conclusion:  Expansion it is in a year.  We'll have the $5,000,000 recruiting bonus as well and at least two ways to submit lineups the following year.  It really is an exciting time to be in the CCHL with the additions we're trying to make to make the league more interactive and user-friendly, and we look forward to a bright future with two more franchises to be added.  



No comments:

Post a Comment