Monday, December 16, 2019

Roundtable discussion with the new guys...(Pionk, Edler, Haul and Lee)

In the last fifteen days, Dayton General Manager Bill Corfield has brought in two defensemen (Alex Edler and Neil Pionk) and two wingers (Erik Haula and Anders Lee) to help reshape the team as it heads toward the mid-season mark. We got the new guys together for a short roundtable discussion on becoming members of the Musicmen.

Q: How do each of you feel about changing teams and joining the Musicmen?

Edler -  "I'm happy to be here. The tradition of winning is exciting to join..."
Pionk - "GM told me my role might be limited this season, but he expects me to be in the top 4 on the blueline for 20/21..."

Q: What was it like coming into Dayton over your career and now to be playing for the home team?

Lee - "Always a good experience, except for the losses, you know? The crowd is fun, and there are some good places to eat here too."

Haula - "I remember coming in here early in my career when I played for the Montreal Aces and I scored on Dubnyk. That was fun."

Q: How have the guys helped you out so far?

Lee: "I was impressed that 5 minutes after I was told about the trade, Taylor Hall texted me and said the boys were looking forward to playing with me. I've also heard from Geno and Roman Polak, too."

Edler: "It's been great. Coming here with an injury, I felt bad I couldn't jump right in, but the staff made me feel very comfortable and want me to be 100% right before I take on heavy minutes. Dayton is an organization you never hear anyone talk badly about. They know how to treat their players and the players appreciate the 1st class environment."

Pionk and Edler have both played a few games already, Lee will make his debut tonight and Haula is still rehabbing his knee and he hopes to be game-ready by the trade deadline.

No comments:

Post a Comment