Sunday, February 19, 2023

Avril Lavigne to Sing National Anthems at CCHL Entry Draft

Fort Erie, ON – The CCHL is proud to announce that multi-platinum singer, Avril Lavigne, will be singing the Canadian, American, Swedish, and Russian national anthems at the league’s upcoming entry draft. This special event will take place on June 1st and will feature the best young hockey talent from across the world.

“We’re thrilled to have Avril join us for this special occasion,” said CCHL Commissioner, Matt Young. “Her powerful voice and passionate performance will be a great addition to the draft and we know that fans will be excited to hear her sing the national anthems.”

Lavigne is known for her hit songs, including “Complicated,” “Sk8er Boi,” and “Girlfriend.” She is a Canadian singer-songwriter who has sold over 40 million records worldwide and has been praised for her powerful voice and energetic stage presence.

“I’m excited to be singing the national anthems at the CCHL entry draft,” said Lavigne. “I’ve never sung the national anthems before and I’m curious as to why they’re so 'complicated' to learn.  My Swedish definitely needs work, but I think I've got the Russian national anthem down because I've been watching a lot of old Nikolai Volkov wrestling matches.  He always belted it out so well before his matches, I can only hope I do as well," added Lavigne.

The CCHL is eager to showcase the best young hockey talent from across the world and believes that Avril Lavigne’s powerful performance will add to the excitement of the draft. The league encourages all fans to come out and experience this special event.

No comments:

Post a Comment