Monday, November 12, 2018

AROUND THE CCHL: Looking at Fatigue & Roster Implications in Simon (As of 11/12/18)


Five weeks into the 2018-19 CCHL season and we may be starting to see some trends in our young season...

1) The Capeside Loons have been the hottest team in the CCHL over the last ten games, going 8-2-0. Right behind them with a 7-2-1 record is the Chinook and the Norsemen.

2) The coldest team(s) in the league over the same time span are the Parry Sound Orrsmen and the Fort Erie Falcons with 2-7-1 records.

3) Let's talk about FATIGUE, shall we?  A stat we all need to understand is the CONDITIONING or CON rating. This can be found in the Line Editor and/or on the Pro Team Roster page.



The more fatigued a player is, the more points are deducted from his CON rating. If a player CON rating falls below 95 (I think) then he will show as exhausted and will be unavailable for at least a day. As days go by, his CON will improve. Also, if a player is injured, that too will reduce his CON number.

IMPORTANT:  If a player gets fatigued and his CON Rating falls below 95, SIMON automatically moves him to your Pro Bench, which results in your "PRO PLAYERS" list being short a man. Remember, you MUST have 20 players dressed. No more, no less. If you don't send in a new set of lines to replace your fatigued and unavailable player, SIMON will send me an error message that a team's roster and/or line-up are illegal. Simon will then automatically "fix" the issue by "dressing" a player from your pro bench.

BTW, I log all the errors for illegal lineups on the GM tracking spreadsheet...

I have no control over who SIMON dresses. It's not like APBA where I entered two teams for every single game. In SIMON, I open my software, I click on "simulate" I see the daily matchup screen then click on SIMULATE and voila! All games scheduled for that day are simmed.

I've heard GM's complaining that "Simon is changing my lines." Like you, I'm learning something new as well. As far as I can tell, fatigue and outright injuries are the most common explanation for this.

You can avoid illegal lineups by checking your Pro Team Roster page on a daily basis. If you see a player with a CON rating of 95 or lower after you've downloaded the most current and updated league files, see if he's still showing as in your lines in your line editor software. If he's missing, you'll need to redo your lines and then send me the new/updated ones.

Any questions? Holler at me...





No comments:

Post a Comment