Tuesday, November 20, 2018

AROUND THE CCHL (What we know and don't know at the 20 game mark...)


As team reach the 20 game mark, the CCHL finds itself at roughly the 25% mark of the regular season. It's been a challenge for all of us to figure out Simon. Quite different from APBA, for sure.


Some teams like Capeside, Minnesota and Dayton started pretty strong and have had good success early on. Other teams like Springfield, Fort Erie and Georgetown have had a frustrating start. Are teams like the Loons, Musicmen, Falcons and Isotopes where they because of small sample size madness or are they for real?

I don't know....anymore than anyone else does.

I continue to see and fear frustrations from a handful of GM's.

Each week I try and impart something useful in terms of the new Simulator.

I'm the kind of guy that when I get a new piece of musical equipment or home electronics, computer, etc... I unbox it, throw the plastic bag with the instructions across the room (because what red-blooded adult male needs INSTRUCTIONS????) and set about setting up my new toy.

Without fail, I will run into some roadblock where I can't figure out what the hell to do. Usually, my wife then hands me the instruction booklet/owners manual, turned to the correct page and then I see what I need to do.

Sound familiar, gang?

If you haven't read the Simon Manual, do so. More than once.

Dig around the Simon User Forum and if you find something helpful, share it with the rest of us.

Other news:

We've relocated the Reserve Player info away from Simon and added a dedicated link on the left side of the CCHL homepage. It's also viewable on our team payroll pages.

A reminder that if your player becomes fatigued, Simon will automatically pull him from your lineup for the next game until his endurance is back above 95. I see some teams letting players who aren't tired any more sitting on the bench sometimes. Another reason to stay on top of things.

New habits, for sure...

A little birdie tells me they are expecting a new baby in their family! I won't disclose who, but hopefully Dad will share a proud picture of himself and the newborn over the next week or so!

(It's not me!!!)

Till next week!


No comments:

Post a Comment