Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Dayton Trades Brian Elliott to the Victoria Ronin

Dayton has traded Brian Elliott to the Victoria Ronin for Alex Burmistrov and prospect Nick Henry.

(Here is the transcript of the alleged conversation between Elliott and his now-former teammate Thomas Vanek.)

Vanek- "Brian?"

Elliott- "Hey Tom, what's up?"

Vanek- "I just heard, you were moved to Victoria, eh?"

Elliott - "That's what Dion tells me. I got the text a couple hours ago that the deal was done. I'm on my way to the Soundstage to pick up my stick and some gear and then catch a flight to BC to meet DonPaulo and the rest of the guys."

Vanek-"Well, you'll be missed, man. You knew it was going to be a shitshow this season and all you did was keep your mouth and play your ass off. I hope this works out good for you, Brian."

Elliott-"Hey thanks, Tom, I appreciate it. I enjoyed the dinners we grabbed together and it was fun bullshitting about our careers. You have you're work cut out for you the rest of the season, you know?"

Vanek-"No shit, I'm trying to put up some decent numbers so I can get some contract offers after the season ends. I highly doubt Dayton will bring me back because there's no reason to pay a guy like me $7.6 million bucks. They'll have some kids and other free agents on the team next year. Its hard for everybody, and especially the fans. But, there are some great players on the way and in about 3-4 years, Dayton will start rockin' again."

Elliott-"Yes, I think you're right. Hey did you see who I was traded for?"

Vanek-"Yeah, Burmistrov and some kid from the Regina Pats. Last name is Henry and he's a sleeper type. Burmistrov is on his last shot in the league out in Vancouver. If he pulls his normal crap, he'll be finished. Probably head back to Russia and play in the KHL."

Elliott-"Yeah, I think so. Hey Tom, I have to go, Donpaulo is calling- I need to take this. Good luck man and we'll catch up when we start the Intra-conference schedule in a couple weeks. Take care, man!"

Vanek-"Sounds good, Brian. Be safe.. good luck!"

No comments:

Post a Comment