Monday, October 2, 2017

Siberia's McDavid Requests Trade


McDavid Requests Trade!!

  Frustrated by a recent streak of losses, young Connor McDavid went to management to request a trade!  Management was of course taken back by the request as the Icecats appear to have a great nucleus to build around. When asked about the trade request, Connor had this to say, "I see the frustration in the locker room and it has gotten to me.  It's at the point where I can't stand it anymore.  I knew I had to do something.  My goal is to win and with the current situation, it didn't seem like it was going to happen." 

  We spoke with General Manager Saouaf about his young captain's request, and while he was reluctant to meet with the press following this bombshell, he finally agreed to an interview. "As a general manager, you never want to see things get to this point.  We have tried to create the right atmosphere for our players, with the right level of support.  Unfortunately, it is with a heavy heart that I am announcing that the Icecats franchise has decided to trade...... I can't bring myself to say this, but I have to.... to trade our laundry detergent from Tide to Persil!  Tide has been part of this organization for many years, starting when I took over this franchise from Murfreesboro.  This is truly a painful day, but some things have to be done for the good of the organization."  GM Saouaf was seen crying as he left the interview. 

When asked about this, captain McDavid said, "It was tough, but our uniforms and our jocks were too darn itchy that the situation had become unbearable.  Something had to be done and we needed to trade away our traditional laundry detergent.  I wish Tide the best for whatever organization picks it up, but it was time to go.  I think our 1-3 streak could directly be attributed to the fact that guys were spending more time itching on the ice than skating.  I hope this is the turning point of our season, but if not, then maybe the toothpaste should be the next to go."

Strong words from a dedicated captain.  Time will tell whether this ends up being a trade that the Icecats will regret or whether they will truly look back on it as a turning point in their young season.  We'll check back on this situation later in the year.  For now, that's all sports fans!!

No comments:

Post a Comment