Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Despite Big Win, One Falcon Not Happy...

Kane On Way Out Of Fort Erie?

Normally after a big victory, the dressing room is a happy place.  Tonight the Fort Erie room was a pretty loud room with the exception of one stall.

Alone in a corner sat Evander Kane, dejected about his ice time in the victory.  Prior to the game tonight, Kane had been playing alongside league scoring leaders Nazem Kadri and Sam Reinhart.

In the place of Kane was Ondrej Palat, who promptly went out and had a goal and two assists with his new linemates.

While everyone should know lines aren't permanent, Kane didn't appreciate the demotion despite the production of Palat.

"I just don't think it's right.  I played hard and had a good start to the year and now I'm on the fourth line?  I'm not a fourth liner and know I have more to contribute to a team in this league than what I can due to the depth here.  I love it here but I know I would love it elsewhere as well" said Kane post-game.

Falcons Captain Blake Wheeler wasn't surprised about Kane's apparent trade request after the game saying "He's an emotional guy, let's see what happens tomorrow after a good night's sleep."

While Matt Young was briefly available after the game he said he would definitely consider the left winger's request if something made sense.

"We're in the business of winning hockey games.  I'm not terribly upset or surprised he may want to go elsewhere.  He's a competitor.  We have Torrey (Mitchell) that wants to play as well, and we can certainly use him on the PK.  Of course, we'll look at it if we can get a defender or a decent prospect and/or pick back"  retorted Young with respect to the trade request.

It appears the next few days in Fort Erie could be quite interesting.  With two days off until their next game, only time will tell if Evander Kane is still a member of the Falcons organization.

No comments:

Post a Comment