Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Donuts Dump Dayton 5-2...


 The first twenty minutes of the Musicmen and Donuts contest tonight was evenly played. So much so that GM Bill Corfield remarked to the team in the first intermission that they should play the same way in the second period and we'd be in a good shape for the third.

By the time the second period came to a close, the Musicmen found themselves down 3-0, and behind in shots on goals, 24-12.

"I thought we were going to push back a lot harder than we did in the second period. To have just 4 shots on Bernier - remember, we weren't on the penalty kill at all during the second - that's not going to work against any team in the CCHL."

After being down 1-0 at the end of the first, the Musicmen were down by three goals after two periods and the 17-18 'Men aren't going to come back in one period from that big a deficit very often.

The teams traded two goals a piece in the third and Wisborg skated away with two points and a 5-2 win over Dayton.

"We took just four minors the whole game and two of those were matching minors where there was no man advantage for the Donuts. To hold the Donuts to just two power plays and we killed off one of them should've been a good thing for us."

Leon Draisaitl scored the only power play goal in the game, his 3rd goal on the year while Jonathon Drouin was serving his first penalty of the year.

"The ref said I hooked Zajac as he was coming up the right side. I was just trying to lift his stick - I never touched his hip or his waist with my stick. What am I supposed to say? I'm a second year guy. the ref isn't even going to listen to me."

"We'll go over some things that should help us get a few more shots in practice tomorrow. We have to head to Halifax for the game on Friday night. We'll be ready - I think the guys will respond." said Corfield.

They said it:

Fedor Tyutin on blocking four shots. "I like doing that, anything that can help Brian out. The last one hurt though - it got me right in the nuts... Ouch!"

No comments:

Post a Comment