Monday, September 4, 2017

Springfield’s #1 Center is helping in other ways...

Ryan Getzlaf - Isotopes Captain
Seventeen points in 20 games is nothing to complain about but it was a somewhat unique pre-season for Ryan Getzlaf of the Springfield Isotopes.  Getzlaf was acquired in the offseason to step in and be the new first line center for the ‘topes but things didn’t go as expected.  In 20 games Getzlaf scored a total of 0 goals, there are no complaints on the assists department as he led the league with 17 assists but obviously, the team was expecting more goals.

I feel like I have contributed but honestly the puck is just not bouncing my way”, said Getzlaf, “I am just glad that the preseason is over and everything kind of restarts.”

Getzlaf said he is aware of the betting in Vegas about how many games he will go without scoring a goal in the regular season.  The consensus is that he could go thirty games before he will light the lamp.

30 games?? There is no way I won’t score in that time.  Arv (Viktor Arvidsson) and Sadsy (Brandon Saad) are there to help me out, I am sure one of them will set me up with a sweet pass soon enough”, concluded Getzlaf.

I guess we will only know what happens once the season starts, place your bets folks!

By Kenny Brockelstein

*** UPDATE ***

Getzlaf scored in the first game of the season as the Isotopes scored nine in the 9-1 win over the Long Island Express.  I lost $1500 but I am betting he won’t score again.

Springfield next plays Victoria, Bobrovsky should get the start and the expected lines are:

Saad
Getzlaf
Arvidsson
Gogligoski
Muzzin
Tkachuk
Turris
Williams
Fowler
Braun
Grabner
Anisimov
Hornqvist
Russell
Zaitsev
Berglund
Brodziak
Burrows



No one is expecting Getzlaf to score.


No comments:

Post a Comment