Saturday, November 18, 2017

Puffin Beat Falcons...


The Fort Erie Falcons dropped a 4-2 decision to the visiting Rejkjavik Puffin on Friday night in front of a capacity crowd. 

While the 4-2 score indicates a close contest, the Puffin completely outclassed the Falcons on this night, outshooting them 49-24.

The game marked the return of Ondrej Palat to Fort Erie, and he was certainly fired up to play against his old team. 

While nobody is sure why things didn't work out in Fort Erie for Palat, he was determined to show them there was more to his game than what he showed during his time with the organization. 

Palat delivered the game-winning goal with just 3:22 remaining in the third period, while Artem Anisimov, playing in Claude Giroux's old spot, added an insurance marker just 26 seconds later to seal the game for Rejkjavik. 

Palat was named the Happy Jack's star of the game with two goals and an assist in the win and for his part, he was thrilled with the result. 

"I wanted to show the boys I could play.  I don't know what happened to my game when I was there, but I wanted to show them they were wrong about me.  I did that tonight and we got the win.  I'm glad I could help the team," said Palat following the contest. 

Next up for the Falcons is a battle with the Georgetown Millers on Saturday night. 

The game is in Georgetown and will be the only time that Fort Erie visits the Kentucky city this season. 

Curtis McElhinney has been cleared for game activity once again but it is unknown at press time if he will dress against the Millers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment